Anyone may apply, but preference in the rental process will be given to persons who:
- Have a body of work as an artist ("artist" can mean artist, artisan, painter, sculptor, craftsperson, writer, graphic designer, computer artist, woodworker, musician, dancer, movement, theater, culinary, textile and fiber arts, or those who own a creative home business)
- Earn low incomes as described in the HUD Handbook 4350.3. There are upward and downward adjusters for incomes below or close to the caps of:
1 occupant must make less than $23,820
2 occupants must make less than $27,240
3 occupants must make less than $30,660
4 occupants must make less than $34,020
Rents are on a sliding scale of affordability and will be determined by both choice of floor plan and artist's income.
Rent assistance is available for qualifying Native American artists through special funding from the International Sonoran Desert Alliance. Ajo is proud of being a multicultural town and the rich tri-cultural heritage of southwestern Arizona will be reflected in the Curley School artisan community.
Rental Application & Forms
Artists interested in renting should read the Management Plan and the Handbook for Curley School Residents before completing the application forms. Links to these documents can be found below.
- There are currently no vacant apartments. Applications are reviewed by Vantage Property Management. Applications will continue to be accepted until we have a modest waiting list.
- The application consists of an Application for Housing with an Authorization to Release Information form, an Artist/Artisan Application, photo ID, and a $35 check or money order.
- Once you have completed the forms, please mail your application with a $35 check or money order made out to "Curley School Housing Partners" to:
203 Lakeview Dr.
Boulder City NV 89005
Please click below to download application forms in PDF format. If you would prefer to have forms mailed or faxed to you, please contact the Curley School Office at (520) 237-1875.